Bangladesh grabs win in 100th test

first_imgCOLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP):Bangladesh clinched a historic four-wicket win in their 100th Test match, also their first ever Test victory against Sri Lanka, to secure a series draw Sunday.Needing 191 to win, the tourists reached their target losing six wickets in the final session. Tamim Iqbal top-scored with 82, his 22nd Test half-century and shared 109 runs for the second wicket with Shabbir Rahman (41).Sri Lanka spinners hit back with four late wickets, but it wasn’t enough to prevent an upset win for Bangladesh.Sri Lanka batted first, having won the toss, and made 338 in its first innings. Bangladesh were bowled out for 467, a 129-run first innings lead. Sri Lanka then made 319 in its second innings.Iqbal and Rahman stalled a potential collapse of Bangladesh’s chase with a 109-run partnership for the third wicket after Sri Lanka captain Rangan Herath took two wickets in successive deliveries to leave the tourists struggling on 22 for two.Iqbal faced 124 deliveries for his 82 runs that included seven boundaries and a six. He was brilliantly caught by Dinesh Chandimal in the outfield off offspinner Dilruwan Perera. Rahman made 42 before being trapped lbw by Perera.Shakib Al Hasan was bowled by Perera on 15 and Mosaddek Hossain (13) was caught by wicketkeeper Nirishan Dickwella off Herath.UNBEATEN 22Captain Mushfiqur Rahim remained unbeaten on 22. Mehedi Hasan scored the winning runs for Bangladesh.”Really feel great,” Rahim said. “After losing the first Test, we knew that if were play to our potential we are good enough to beat this side, although they won the first Test convincingly.”It will be a big boost for the team because, in the last few Test series, we played really well but didn’t get the result we wanted.”Of the 17 Test matches played between the sides previously, Sri Lanka won 15 while two were drawn.Perera took three wickets for 59, while Herath had three for 75.The hosts won the first Test by 259 runs.last_img read more

Lindener remanded for gun possession

first_imgA Coomacka Mines, Linden, Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Upper Berbice) man was on Thursday denied his pretrial liberty when he appeared in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts to answer to a possession of firearms charge.Devon Blount called “Banga”, pleaded not guilty to the charge which was read to him by Magistrate Leron Daly.It was alleged that on August 10, 2016, at North Fort, Konawaruk, Region Eight (Potaro-Siparuni ), he had in his possession a 12 gauge double-barrel shotgun without being the holder of a firearm licence.Blount was refused bail and will make his next court appearance before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on September 8, 2016.A police report earlier Thursday said that sometime around 10:00h on Wednesday ranks in the area were on patrol when they stopped and searched Blount.During the search, the ranks unearthed the weapon.last_img read more

Letterkenny celebrates Tidy Towns success after scooping gold medal

first_imgThe Letterkenny Tidy Towns Committee is celebrating another top achievement today (Mon) after scooping a Gold Medal in the 61st annual TidyTowns competition.Letterkenny was also the county award winners for Donegal.Meanwhile, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan was named as Ireland’s Tidiest Town for 2019, beating 918 entries from towns and villages throughout the country. On hand to present the prizes at the Helix was Mr. Michael Ring, T.D., Minister for Rural and Community Development and Mr. Martin Kelleher, Managing Director of SuperValu, the competition’s sponsor for the 28thyear.Speaking after the awards ceremony, Minister Ring said: “This is a fantastic achievement for Glaslough who are very deserving winners.  Glaslough, who first entered the SuperValu TidyTowns competition in 1966, have great passion and pride in their community.“They have been consistently achieving high standards in the competition at local, regional and European level. Today, all that commitment and dedication has paid off with the top prize being awarded to them.“This is the second time that Glaslough has been awarded Ireland’s Tidiest Town, which is a remarkable achievement and shows that the commitment and enthusiasm of the TidyTowns committees continue to remain strong. “I want to congratulate Glaslough and all of the other deserving prize-winners announced today.  The work of all those involved in the TidyTowns effort results in the attractive and welcoming towns and villages we see all over the country, and from which we all benefit.“It is this passion and pride that has made our towns and villages not only attractive and welcoming for visitors, but have created a ‘sense of place’ for those who live, work and raise families there.“That is why this competition has continued to flourish for more than 60 years.”Minister Ring also announced a special allocation of €1.4 million to support the work of individual TidyTowns Committees around the country to assist them in their continued efforts to enhance their towns and villages.Letterkenny celebrates Tidy Towns success after scooping gold medal was last modified: September 30th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Kevin Durant’s return: A sports medicine specialist shares what to expect

first_imgTORONTO – After nearly a month full of mystery surrounding his progress and his eventual return, Kevin Durant finally experienced a moment of clarity on his injured right calf. Durant is expected to play when the Warriors face the Toronto Raptors in Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Monday.Granted, Durant’s return elicits more questions. To what extent can Durant mirror his league-leading 34.2 points he averaged during the NBA playoffs before injuring his right calf in Game 5 of the Western …last_img read more

More Images from the North Carolina Apple Data Center – Mission “Not Impossible”

first_imgFinally, here is the video Millar shot last year. Related Posts Something is just not right with the universe when data centers make people breathless. I had thought it might end after all the delight that came with the super big fans and chassis love that marked Facebook’s “Open Compute,” media blitz. Facebook data center party in Prineville, OR – woohoo!Now comes the latest from rural North Carolina, all summed up quite well by long time Fortune editor Philip Elmer-DeWitt, who looks at Fox News wonderful speculation about the “more than iTunes,” data center.The newscast has value if for nothing else that we get some more images from Apple’s Maiden, N.C. data center.The Fox piece, as Elmer-DeWitt points out, provides all kinds of rumors about the new data center:But thanks to its camera crew, we do get to meet aptly named Bill Wagenseller, the real estate guy who shot the first flyover, and Scott Millar, who is introduced as a Wall Street analyst but is really president of the Catawba County economic development corporation. Although the county’s building inspection office still hasn’t received any expansion paperwork, Millar likes the rumors that Apple might be doubling the size of the facility, from 500,000 sq. ft. to 1 million,“I’m ready to get the phone call,” he tells the camera, “and to proceed with building anything they want.”Love that. And we love the “Mission Not Impossible,” from the photographer who seemed to have no trouble getting a bit closer to the Apple data center: How Intelligent Data Addresses the Chasm in Cloud Cloud Hosting for WordPress: Why Everyone is Mo… alex williams Serverless Backups: Viable Data Protection for … Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Tags:#cloud#Data Centers last_img read more

The Number One Action to Stay on Task and Reach Your Target

first_imgA reader asks” What is the one thing I can do to stay on task and rich my goals in 2016?” The answer here is a fundamental approach that works in sales–or anything else.last_img

Maverick Ahanmisi lashes out at refs after bro Jerrick, Adamson lose to La Salle

first_imgMontalbo was all over Jerrick especially in the fourth, with the distance between the two were mere inches in several instances.“Hey Kib Montalbo, I don’t care, you better hope I don’t catch you outside bruh,” tweeted Ahanmisi.Montalbo, though, clarified that he did not mean any physical harm on Jerrick and he was just playing straight defense.Jerrick still managed to put up 17 points against Montalbo.“I meant no harm to his brother,” said Montalbo. “I just want to play basketball. I wanted to get to his head in a basketball manner and I mean no harm. He’s a great player and I respect him.”ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMaverick Ahanmisi wasn’t at Smart Araneta Coliseum when De La Salle scored a 82-75 win over Adamson in the Final Four of the UAAP Season 80 men’s basketball tournament.Yet he still managed to make his presence felt.ADVERTISEMENT Ahanmisi, the older brother of Soaring Falcon Jerrick, used Twitter to lambast the game’s officiating that awarded La Salle 39 free throws attempts against Adamson’s five.“I’m all for fair play, but I’m not going to watch this game if the UAAP refs are getting paid by La Salle,” posted Ahanmisi on Twitter. “It’s a joke for real, major run with the refs #ismellsomethingcooking.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“Hey La Salle, I hope you guys are treating the refs to a good ass dinner after the game cause they definitely fed y’all tonight.”Ahanmisi also called out La Salle guard Kib Montalbo on the latter’s stingy defense on his brother. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Read Next QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion MOST READ View comments Gilas confident of chances vs Japan, Taiwan LATEST STORIES Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Montalbo added that he’s “not a bully” and that he reminded Jerrick he’ll be clamping down on him throughout the game.“I told him it’s the Final Four and I’m going to be up on him all night. I asked him if he’s up to it and he said it was okay,” said Montalbo.last_img read more

11 days agoForget Ronaldo! Liverpool keeper Alisson biggest Messi nemesis

first_imgForget Ronaldo! Liverpool keeper Alisson biggest Messi nemesisby Paul Vegas11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has played down his great success against Barcelona.Alisson was voted goalkeeper of the year at the Best FIFA awards last month having helped Liverpool win the Champions League and Brazil the Copa America during the summer.On both occasions, the Reds shot-stopper came up against Messi in the semi-finals, facing Barcelona and Argentina. Alisson was also part of the Roma team that eliminated Barcelona from the Champions League the previous campaign.He told Mundo Deportivo: “The truth is that Messi played very well in the first leg in Barcelona (against Liverpool) and scored two goals, but in the return I managed to stop him in some important moments.”Messi is one of the best players in football history, but I don’t think only of duels with him. Both Barcelona and Argentina are two very good teams that have high quality players.”Luckily, in the last three matches I have been able to overcome him, but the merits are of the whole team: Roma, Liverpool and Brazil.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Buckeye Joey Bosa named Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year

While he’s still waiting to hear about two national awards, Ohio State sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa picked up a pair of Big Ten honors Monday night.Bosa was named the Big Ten’s Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year on Monday, while he is already a finalist for both the Lombardi Award and the Chuck Bednarik award. He was also named first team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and the media in a unanimous vote.The Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native has totaled 46 tackles in 12 games this season, while he is in the top five in the nation with 13.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss. His sack and tackles for loss numbers put him atop the Big Ten standings. Bosa has also forced four fumbles this season.He needs just half a sack to tie Vernon Gholston’s school record of 14 in a season.Bosa’s sack of Penn State sophomore quarterback Christian Hackenberg sealed the Buckeyes’ 31-24 win against the Nittany Lions in double overtime earlier this season.He’s the seventh Buckeye to be named the conference’s defensive lineman of the year. John Simon was the most recent OSU player to win that award in 2012.Bosa and the Buckeyes are scheduled to return to the field Saturday to play in the Big Ten Championship Game against Wisconsin. Kickoff is set for 8:17 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. read more

Brazil call up Uniteds Pereira

first_imgManchester United’s Andreas Pereira has received a call-up to the Brazil squad for the first time.Manchester United’s academy star Pereira started the first game of the season against Leicester in last week’s 2-1 victory over Leicester City.Sky Sports now reports that he and new signing Fred have been called up to the Brazil national team.For the upcoming friendlies against the United States and El Salvador in the US next month, Brazil head coach Tite has named a 24-man squad.Neymar, BrazilNeymar can win the Ballon d’Or, says Ander Herrera Andrew Smyth – September 13, 2019 An “excited” Ander Herrera believes new Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Neymar is a contender for the Ballon d’Or alongside Kylian Mbappe.The 57-year-old omitted players like Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho, Danilo, Ederson, Marcelo, Miranda, Paulinho, Cassio, Geromel and Taison.Tite stated wants to give new young players opportunities to impress ahead of next year’s Copa America in Brazil.Squad: Goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool), Neto (Valencia), Hugo (Flamengo) Defenders: Alex Sandro (Juventus), Dede (Cruzeiro), Fabinho (Liverpool), Fagner (Corinthians), Felipe (Porto), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid), Marquinhos, Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain) Midfielders: Andreas Pereira (Manchester United), Fred (Manchester United), Arthur (Barcelona), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Lucas Paqueta (Flamengo), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan) Forwards: Douglas Costa (Juventus), Everton (Gremio), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain), Pedro (Fluminense), Willian (Chelsea)last_img read more